Nobody Reported It
I was hanged once. Seriously. Hanged.
If you can believe it.
Stupidly and innocently the rope was
Slipped over my head.
The waggon was pushed out
Suspending me twisting slowly turning
With untied hands.Can you see me?
I was as good as gone.
You'll have to believe me.
Take my word.
You can't look it up.
Seriously. There is not accounting.
Nobody recorded, reported, cropped, shopped or scanned
All the same, I was hanged.
Left like Clint. Really.
But then again, we were opaque.
Not like now.
Not as many EMFs, MRIs, X-rays and lenses.
There aren't enough spirits or souls
To be snatched away because
Everything is reported.
Everyone should shutter.
If you think with a click you're good to go,
You're good as gone.
Francie Lynch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody Reported It by Francie Lynch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide