Nobody Reported It
I was hanged once. Seriously. Hanged.
If you can believe it.
Stupidly and innocently the rope was
Slipped over my head.
The waggon was pushed out
Suspending me twisting slowly turning
With untied hands.Can you see me?
I was as good as gone.
You'll have to believe me.
Take my word.
You can't look it up.
Seriously. There is not accounting.
Nobody recorded, reported, cropped, shopped or scanned
All the same, I was hanged.
Left like Clint. Really.
But then again, we were opaque.
Not like now.
Not as many EMFs, MRIs, X-rays and lenses.
There aren't enough spirits or souls
To be snatched away because
Everything is reported.
Everyone should shutter.
If you think with a click you're good to go,
You're good as gone.
Francie Lynch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nobody Reported It by Francie Lynch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Skin Grafting 2, Kim Barney
- Kira I Care, Michael P. McParland
- King Of Kings, Michael P. McParland
- Keeping The Faith, Michael P. McParland
- In Line With Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Silent Sentinel 2, Kim Barney
- Just Know, Michael P. McParland
- Just Being There, Michael P. McParland
- Weihnachtsglocken, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Luggage Lady, Randy Resh