Not Quite Cooked! !
Getting on, ‘you slow down’ they say,
Of course, I believe them, getting older every day.
Anyway I could I think run just as fast,
Even though my stamina didn’t quite last.
Football with my boys proves no problem at all,
Bar losing that extra yard on the ball.
The reason for this is not I’m any less strong,
It’s just that the boy’s legs are getting longer!
Yes it’s hard to admit,
That I'm really getting older and unfit.
When reality creaks in every bone,
And it echo’s in every groan.
When your body starts to feel,
That injury takes a little longer to heal.
Only conciliation is that I’m not the only one,
And not quite done.
Hopefully there is plenty of time for me yet,
Before my ‘sell-by date’! !
guy lipmore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Quite Cooked! ! by guy lipmore )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan