Not Quite Cooked! !
Getting on, ‘you slow down’ they say,
Of course, I believe them, getting older every day.
Anyway I could I think run just as fast,
Even though my stamina didn’t quite last.
Football with my boys proves no problem at all,
Bar losing that extra yard on the ball.
The reason for this is not I’m any less strong,
It’s just that the boy’s legs are getting longer!
Yes it’s hard to admit,
That I'm really getting older and unfit.
When reality creaks in every bone,
And it echo’s in every groan.
When your body starts to feel,
That injury takes a little longer to heal.
Only conciliation is that I’m not the only one,
And not quite done.
Hopefully there is plenty of time for me yet,
Before my ‘sell-by date’! !
guy lipmore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Quite Cooked! ! by guy lipmore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep
- White Noise, Kyle Schlicher
- Canticle for the Second Sunday in Lent, G.C. Waldrep
- The Little Man In The Fire Hates Me, G.C. Waldrep
- The Night Autopsy, G.C. Waldrep
- Many Of Us Identify With Animals, G.C. Waldrep
- Flowers Of Hope, William Duchovny
- Poetry, Gerry Legister