~♥ O Dearest Love *
O Dearest Love
Wherever you are walking
My heart is there,
My dreams are by your side.
Since you've been gone
The sun no longer rises
In blazing joy
To meet the coming day.
My heart will wait
In faith through all your wanderings
Until your feet
Shall lead you to my door.
You'll come to me
Across the years of longing -
Here in my arms
Your wanderings will end.
A hearth, a home
Will capture all your dreamings.
O Dearest Love
There is no day till then.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Poets start out to write a poem in a certain time-frame and during the construction of the poem the time-frame gets blurred. This is written to Maurice, of course. The 'Wherever' is in a parallel time-frame of the future. A future life in a paradise earth.
Comments about this poem (~♥ O Dearest Love * by Adeline Foster )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti