~♥ O Dearest Love *
O Dearest Love
Wherever you are walking
My heart is there,
My dreams are by your side.
Since you've been gone
The sun no longer rises
In blazing joy
To meet the coming day.
My heart will wait
In faith through all your wanderings
Until your feet
Shall lead you to my door.
You'll come to me
Across the years of longing -
Here in my arms
Your wanderings will end.
A hearth, a home
Will capture all your dreamings.
O Dearest Love
There is no day till then.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Poets start out to write a poem in a certain time-frame and during the construction of the poem the time-frame gets blurred. This is written to Maurice, of course. The 'Wherever' is in a parallel time-frame of the future. A future life in a paradise earth.
Comments about this poem (~♥ O Dearest Love * by Adeline Foster )
- Salvation, gajanan mishra
- beef, it's what boys like, Mandolyn ...
- My Heartache, Arrianna Prentiss
- In A moment of Inattentiveness, Fatima Nusairat
- Circle of friends, Gerry Legister
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.35, Monk E. Biz
- for the man who keeps bees and brings th.., Mandolyn ...
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.34, Monk E. Biz
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
- The Monster, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)