~♥ O Dearest Love *
O Dearest Love
Wherever you are walking
My heart is there,
My dreams are by your side.
Since you've been gone
The sun no longer rises
In blazing joy
To meet the coming day.
My heart will wait
In faith through all your wanderings
Until your feet
Shall lead you to my door.
You'll come to me
Across the years of longing -
Here in my arms
Your wanderings will end.
A hearth, a home
Will capture all your dreamings.
O Dearest Love
There is no day till then.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Poets start out to write a poem in a certain time-frame and during the construction of the poem the time-frame gets blurred. This is written to Maurice, of course. The 'Wherever' is in a parallel time-frame of the future. A future life in a paradise earth.
Comments about this poem (~♥ O Dearest Love * by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren