Of all the people I have loved,
U r undoubtedly the hardest 2 miss:
No 1 could b as mean as u;
No 1 could duplicate your kiss.
I'll never understand how we happened
Or y 'we' became a moot point.
All I know is that you're not what I need
And I can never b what u want.
Lovers, friends, sworn enemies,
Fighting vices or all the above-
No matter what stage our relationship,
There's a strange undercurrent of love.
'Call me if u need me! '
Still rushing 2 each other's rescue.
Know I'll b there should u ever need,
Hating that I can never hate u.
nia imani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O3, U3 by nia imani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'A mess', Wolfie Scott
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese