Of all the people I have loved,
U r undoubtedly the hardest 2 miss:
No 1 could b as mean as u;
No 1 could duplicate your kiss.
I'll never understand how we happened
Or y 'we' became a moot point.
All I know is that you're not what I need
And I can never b what u want.
Lovers, friends, sworn enemies,
Fighting vices or all the above-
No matter what stage our relationship,
There's a strange undercurrent of love.
'Call me if u need me! '
Still rushing 2 each other's rescue.
Know I'll b there should u ever need,
Hating that I can never hate u.
nia imani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O3, U3 by nia imani )
- Who Are You, Tone Lyriker
- Rossette, Naveed Khalid
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn ...
- You and I, David Clinch
- The Beggar, David Clinch
- Just Wait, Alyssa Alexander
- Miep - A Woman of Courage, David Clinch
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)