Ode To A Friend
Beloved to many thou might be;
Restrained by resolutions
Stiffend by ideals
Ornated by augmented austerity;
That's thou, as they see.
Thou stood by the window,
Thy serene tranquil pacified glance
Reminded an octagenerion mother,
That's thou, as they bow.
Oh! my friend
Thou art no great,
Lest thy greatness has its boundary!
To me thou art no good,
Lest thy goodness be too mean to fit thou.
To me thou art no altruist,
Lest thou altruism's alignment
Alters at altars.
To me thou art no messiah,
Lest thou be crucified!
Thou art oh! revered heart;
Thou art thyself.
An eternal embodiment od Alchemist's elixir
Secured in nature's boon
Of silent shamanism.
Thou art Oh! revered heart.
Ratneswar Brahmachari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To A Friend by Ratneswar Brahmachari )
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)