Ode To A Friend
Beloved to many thou might be;
Restrained by resolutions
Stiffend by ideals
Ornated by augmented austerity;
That's thou, as they see.
Thou stood by the window,
Thy serene tranquil pacified glance
Reminded an octagenerion mother,
That's thou, as they bow.
Oh! my friend
Thou art no great,
Lest thy greatness has its boundary!
To me thou art no good,
Lest thy goodness be too mean to fit thou.
To me thou art no altruist,
Lest thou altruism's alignment
Alters at altars.
To me thou art no messiah,
Lest thou be crucified!
Thou art oh! revered heart;
Thou art thyself.
An eternal embodiment od Alchemist's elixir
Secured in nature's boon
Of silent shamanism.
Thou art Oh! revered heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To A Friend by Ratneswar Brahmachari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak