Ode To A Friend
Beloved to many thou might be;
Restrained by resolutions
Stiffend by ideals
Ornated by augmented austerity;
That's thou, as they see.
Thou stood by the window,
Thy serene tranquil pacified glance
Reminded an octagenerion mother,
That's thou, as they bow.
Oh! my friend
Thou art no great,
Lest thy greatness has its boundary!
To me thou art no good,
Lest thy goodness be too mean to fit thou.
To me thou art no altruist,
Lest thou altruism's alignment
Alters at altars.
To me thou art no messiah,
Lest thou be crucified!
Thou art oh! revered heart;
Thou art thyself.
An eternal embodiment od Alchemist's elixir
Secured in nature's boon
Of silent shamanism.
Thou art Oh! revered heart.
Ratneswar Brahmachari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To A Friend by Ratneswar Brahmachari )
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
- We have right, hasmukh amathalal
- Never dies, hasmukh amathalal
- Torment Growls, Fatima Nusairat
- God's Character, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)