Ode To A Friend
Beloved to many thou might be;
Restrained by resolutions
Stiffend by ideals
Ornated by augmented austerity;
That's thou, as they see.
Thou stood by the window,
Thy serene tranquil pacified glance
Reminded an octagenerion mother,
That's thou, as they bow.
Oh! my friend
Thou art no great,
Lest thy greatness has its boundary!
To me thou art no good,
Lest thy goodness be too mean to fit thou.
To me thou art no altruist,
Lest thou altruism's alignment
Alters at altars.
To me thou art no messiah,
Lest thou be crucified!
Thou art oh! revered heart;
Thou art thyself.
An eternal embodiment od Alchemist's elixir
Secured in nature's boon
Of silent shamanism.
Thou art Oh! revered heart.
Ratneswar Brahmachari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To A Friend by Ratneswar Brahmachari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay