Ode to David (Upon First Meeting)
Silently he moves towards me, beckoned by a wave.
Resolute in body and spirit, spirited as a wild mustang.
His eyes flash at challenge a joy seldom seen.
Entrance gained by credential ask as key.
A mythical being known only by rumor and hope.
Honor respect principle nobly endowed.
He made my brain hard as he stroked me by question.
A true beauty, unaware.
Full lips thou speak temptation mind and body entwined.
As he leans in to make a point his shirt opens slightly, unfair distraction.
Joseph Camphouse's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to David (Upon First Meeting) by Joseph Camphouse )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Poe's Venture, Folayemi Akande
- Our Loving, Caring God, Dr John Celes
- Momentary Separation, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Divine Bond, Md. Ziaul Haque
- SERENDIPITY, Aminath Neena
- To Be Intelligent, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Youth, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Prosetic [Prosaic + Poetic], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Love for You is Reborn, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kindness, Reagan A. Latumbo