David A Harris
Ode to the Fallen Soldier
Ode to the Fallen soldier,
For he has made the ultimate
Sacrifice for his world.
Ode to his Mother for while
She lives, the grief and sadness
Take their toll on her mind, as
She goes throughout her day,
Answering questions like “are
You ok? ” and “where is your
Son, I haven’t seen him for a while? ”
She always answers, “yes I’m fine”
Or, “he’s away.” But she knows, inside,
She can’t deny.
Ode to the son he left behind,
For he will grow up without
Knowing who his father is,
Only what he’s done. Never
Will he play catch in the yard,
Like the neighbors next door.
Never will he hear that “Man to
Man” talk, that all boys should.
Ode to the music that will never
Be heard, for the only music
He made, rests in his heart.
Ode to the art that will never be
Seen, for the only art he made,
Remains in a box underground.
Ode to the Fallen Soldier, who
Died so we could live, the way
All mankind should, happy and free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode to the Fallen Soldier by David A Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Ice Cream Panes Of August Melt, mary douglas
- Mad truth....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Summer's End, Rebecca Leidner
- Before the Storm, Justin Reamer
- A Fast Approaching Storm (tanka), hap rochelle
- Rescue Dog, Rebecca Leidner
- Dream Of The Sequined School Assembly Wi.., mary douglas
- Passage, Rebecca Leidner
- Love, Howard, Rebecca Leidner
- LOOK AT ME!, Denis Martindale