Of A Great Day
One reason to cross the line of hazards
Composes me a story to lead the eternal life.
Heaven will only take it, fury collapses,
Can you not give this fury to me?
The reason to be a queen frustrates the queen,
Who is a king in the middle of time?
The tusks of youth conjure a plan to maraud
The follies of founders, the tyrants are awake.
The world will break, the words shall speak
Of a great day, shining forwards
Into the universe of pain.
Heaven resides in the galaxies far away,
Jostling between the mountains of old,
Oldness makes you think, old work is a subjugation.
One reason to meet a pain is to partake in pleasure,
And the pleasant health is the wise world.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of A Great Day by Naveed Akram )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Haunting nights, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Signature from my heart, Simeon Akpanudo
- On the heath, Emmanuel George Cefai
- On The Heath He Stood, Emmanuel George Cefai
- -Late Freight-, Nika McGuin
- The shepherd, Emmanuel George Cefai
- One Friend Left, Eugene Latumbo
- Night dwells to-night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- In the new city, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I am a Thinker by the Sea, mai venn