Of Kin and Foe
Me notify, kith and Kin of eall mornings and dreams,
Then, Kin woke in hours of darkness,
Me love for Kin, linger steadfast…
And thine not own Rose Thorns pierce thy tissue,
But ‘tis a peck, to be alongside Kin
Winter fades, and spring impinges on Kin,
As it has unto me!
Me then solicit Kin of abrupt transformation,
…to thine own fault,
For Kin has snatched thy bosoms…
As seasons forego, Kin grew in unvarying bliss,
Me then look upon thine flesh, and damage thy quality.
My heart, I gave to you thy brother!
Once I did, and forever I never will…
How can Kin steal agan bread and wine?
How can Kin, steal thy Sister’s soul?
And Sister henceforth, absent of eall! Except,
A pallid countenance of naught!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Kin and Foe by Joanna Litton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray