Of Life And Death
oh my oh my oh my oh my..
huya uzoona zviripano nhai hama yangu(come watch this spectacle my dear)
what l sight! no camera nor artist can capture that! all that splendor!
the red big ball of fire climbing slowly
from l don't know where
there is a blessing in the air
in my sincere gratitude l enjoy the fullness of life
l feel it in the evocative murmur of the sea
above where the red ball continue to glide
its light falling neatly across the glistening water
in the deepest recesses of my soul
l know money does not guarantee happiness
nor will a diamond chain but these simple treats from mother nature.
each day l strive and struggle to deliver right the music of my ancestors
l am not moved at all that the notes l handle no better than many
my heart tells me l am the hero of my story
the eyes of my soul l kept open as summer rolled into autumn
autumn swiftly handing over to winter.
it all feels like an illusion. an illusionist in the house?
for l feel not all the same that we move
yet l welcome still each new day full of things that never have been
like the seasons l know we have a limited time
yet we have no way of knowing when out time is up unlike the seasons
such that we should live each season to the fullest
as if it was the only one we had.
this red moon nourishing this culture physically, emotionally and spiritually
in this day where most are spiritually starved, overfed yet malnourished.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of Life And Death by Tafadzwa Matamba )
- Resistance To Change, Is It Poetry
- The Pirate's Lament, Alex Dubedat
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)