Oh, Where Has My Best Friend Forever Gone?
We were walking together side by side,
My Best Friend Forever and I.
It was on a beautiful summer's day,
that she went away from me.
Was it meant to be that we were
To be separated throughout all eternity?
All I have left of our beautiful memories,
are the things that she left behind-
She wore no coat, it was a warm day outside.
I still have tear drops freely falling from mine
Eyes! I have her bright red reading glass' case
still in my hand. Why didn't I understand her
when she was always talking about the soon return
Of The Son of Man!
'I know that you do not fear neither God nor man.
You never asked Him to lead you by your hand.
You failed to ask Him into your heart-
thereby giving your life a brand new start.
You failed to ask Him to wash your sins away.
And now I will be leaving you behind one of these
'And now, dear diary I am really afraid. Is it too late for me?
Have I already sealed my eternal destiny? ' Is it too late for me to call out to the Son of Man and ask Him to carry me away to my Heavenly promise land?
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
They found my body the very next day. I feel fast asleep and
His angel carried me away. What a reunion we had then! I was reunited with my very Best Friend Forever More!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/October Country
Comments about this poem (Oh, Where Has My Best Friend Forever Gone? by Roxanne Dubarry )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb