Edmund Davis Quinn
In this time of Thanksgiving and the holidays we think of abundance with the abundant harvest; abundant family and abundant friends.
If we have this we are lucky for there are many other abundances
Abundance of thirst
Abundance of hunger
Abundance of sadness
Abundance of tears
Abudance of money
It's the positive part of abundance that we tend to think of. That we are a rich nation with rich resources.
But don't forget how hard this time of year can be for those with scarcity, with depression, with broken hearts.
Use your abundant spirit to help their broken spirits.
And make the gladness in your heart even more abundant.
Edmund Davis Quinn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Abundance by Edmund Davis Quinn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar