On the Edge
Sitting at the edge
Of her own nest
The bird in retrospect
Remembering day’s best!
I joined my beloved
To weave nest perfect
Within my means
And enthusiasm last!
My beloved laid eggs
I managed the food
When offspring appeared
The feeling was so good!
They grew together
Chirping and fighting
For the food we gave
For the love in sighting!
Then they got wings
Changed course of things
One day they flew
To make their own livings!
My beloved at this
Could not bear the pain
All her efforts of upbringing
Went straight in vain!
She died one day
Left me to remember
All those nice memories
Keep coming and ponder!
Now I am waiting
For that ultimate
On the edge of nest
With no one intimated!
Udaya Pant's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On the Edge by Udaya Pant )
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)