One and the Same
My love for her could halt the Earth's rotation
And drain the planet's bluest oceans
And sink the rising noontide sun
Into crepuscular depths of day...
Oh! how I would draw felicity
From her crookedly drawn smiles, every time;
Then rest in the sweet mirth of knowing why:
She is Love as Love is She
One and the same!
For she stirs within this mortal soul;
Conjuring, amorous notions that
Race throughout a happy heart;
Imparting, subtle astringencies
Upon swollen lips, and insensible tongues;
My blissful devotion exhales in jubilant sighs!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One and the Same by John Frost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chain Verse: Believe in God, Dr John Celes
- 'Cold Sun', Quenten McClellan
- Foreign bird, gajanan mishra
- 'My Love', Quenten McClellan
- #379 Enough, Jimmie Arrington
- #378 Near The Furthest Star, Jimmie Arrington
- Who Are You? Who Is Asking?, LUVinThe NOW
- Prayer, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 'Times', Quenten McClellan
- Life IS For Living or Not?, LUVinThe NOW