(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
One Life...One Love
Is love received richer then that of love
given? Can love be given without being
received? Is it the giver or the taker who
So then, let us speak of love.
If the steam does finally find it's way
through the mountains and valleys
before becoming part of an ocean's
roar, it must continue to flow, least
it dry up, leaving it's brittle and fragile
remains, in an empty gully. So it is with
love that is given and not returned.
Then who is the taker or the giver? The
stream or the ocean? Neither, for without
the one, there is no other, for they are
one to each other.
Love can not be given with the
expectation of love in return. For, 'pure love'
must mutually be given. There is no 'taker'
only those who 'give' can receive the
gift of love.
There are those that would say, 'I have
given, but not received the love of which
you speak.' I say to you, the love you have
given to those that are unworthy, will like a
leaf in a winter's day, die. Do not despair,
for in the springtime of your life, love will
yet again be born unto you and you may
offer it in all it's glory, anew.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Life...One Love by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poetry is My Diamond Bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed