Open My Heart
If I open my heart to you
yours will truly be broken.
All the scars I have
and the things I've seen
couldn't be spoken.
The things I saw,
I couldn't tell them all,
broke my heart.
If I open my heart to you,
which I could never do,
You wouldn't last at all
you would cry your heart up
and waste every tear,
all the happiness you have would disappear.
So you see I can't open my heart to you
or else we would all wither away.
because if I opened my heart out
you wouldn't want to stay.
Artemis Gutierrez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Open My Heart by Artemis Gutierrez )
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns