Our Albert and Lions
Now you’ve all heard that famous story,
About Albert and Lion at Blackpool zoo.
They say history never repeats itself,
Well, I’m telling you now, that ain’t true.
For it was only last week that I
And mi young son named Albert too,
Decided to visit Blackpool’s famous tower,
The promenade and panoramic sea view.
T’was wet and windy on that fateful day,
And our Albert was angry and upset.
He wanted the day to be hot and sunny,
Cos he didn’t like getting his trousers wet.
Feeling sorry for our Albert, I foolishly said,
Sha wi go to zoo to ave some fun?
Wi can see Monkeys, Tigers and Bears
And wi can feed the Lions! My son.
Now Albert got excited about the idea,
But that soon turned into a violent rage.
Wen a sign saying “Don’t feed the Lions”
Albert saw displayed on’t lions cage!
Not wantin Albert to miss out on’t feeding Lions
I made one final and stupid mistake.
Me and Albert went to local butchers,
To buy Lions some prime, sirloin steak.
Now Lions were looking hungry and quite thin,
And it was feeding time at Blackpool zoo.
So whilst our son fed em wi sirloin steak,
The Bloody Lions ate our Albert too.
Copyright Reserved Alan Weston 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Albert and Lions by Alan Weston )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All Things will Die, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Office, orifice!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Like A Baby, Edward Kofi Louis
- Tears Of Love II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pumpkin Pie, Ima Ryma
- '' Even Animals Look After Their Own '', bri mar
- With The Works Of Your Hands, Edward Kofi Louis
- On Earth Humans, Sari Mavi
- Being Exposed, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance.., SALINI NAIR
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis