Our Albert and Lions
Now you’ve all heard that famous story,
About Albert and Lion at Blackpool zoo.
They say history never repeats itself,
Well, I’m telling you now, that ain’t true.
For it was only last week that I
And mi young son named Albert too,
Decided to visit Blackpool’s famous tower,
The promenade and panoramic sea view.
T’was wet and windy on that fateful day,
And our Albert was angry and upset.
He wanted the day to be hot and sunny,
Cos he didn’t like getting his trousers wet.
Feeling sorry for our Albert, I foolishly said,
Sha wi go to zoo to ave some fun?
Wi can see Monkeys, Tigers and Bears
And wi can feed the Lions! My son.
Now Albert got excited about the idea,
But that soon turned into a violent rage.
Wen a sign saying “Don’t feed the Lions”
Albert saw displayed on’t lions cage!
Not wantin Albert to miss out on’t feeding Lions
I made one final and stupid mistake.
Me and Albert went to local butchers,
To buy Lions some prime, sirloin steak.
Now Lions were looking hungry and quite thin,
And it was feeding time at Blackpool zoo.
So whilst our son fed em wi sirloin steak,
The Bloody Lions ate our Albert too.
Copyright Reserved Alan Weston 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Albert and Lions by Alan Weston )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ode on Solitude, Alexander Pope
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- All the joy, Nick Kler
- Ode to Jokowi, Sari Mavi
- ಶೂನ್ಯ, Deepak Malapur
- Here We Are In The Year 2015, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty