Our Dream Encounter
In endless dreams your near me,
Your there before my eyes,
I need this chance to see you,
To say our last goodbyes.
My chance to love and hold you,
To say how much I care,
I dread to wake, when morning comes,
Just knowing your not there.
And so I drift to sleep again,
To search for you once more,
And there you stand before me,
Your waiting at your door.
Your precious home that we once shared,
Is so alive once more,
For you are there beside me,
Just like you were before.
Wait for me in heaven,
Beside the crystal stream,
For till then, I'll hold you in my heart,
I'll see you in my dreams.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Dream Encounter by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Know your own body, gajanan mishra
- Make Your World Bright, Ronell Warren Alman
- RAIN MOON, lalitha iyer
- Continue To Grow (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Do Not Make Excuses, Ronell Warren Alman
- Keeping You Alive, Natalie Evans
- The Men of War, Maverick Jones
- On Writing, Michelle Claus
- i want love to be startled, Mandolyn Davidson
- Sorrow's Free Will, RoseAnn V. Shawiak