Our Dream Encounter
In endless dreams your near me,
Your there before my eyes,
I need this chance to see you,
To say our last goodbyes.
My chance to love and hold you,
To say how much I care,
I dread to wake, when morning comes,
Just knowing your not there.
And so I drift to sleep again,
To search for you once more,
And there you stand before me,
Your waiting at your door.
Your precious home that we once shared,
Is so alive once more,
For you are there beside me,
Just like you were before.
Wait for me in heaven,
Beside the crystal stream,
For till then, I'll hold you in my heart,
I'll see you in my dreams.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Dream Encounter by Jayne Davies )
- DESIGNED BY GOD, Subbaraman N V
- I am a spoil, Naveed Khalid
- Nursery rhyme - Dynosaur, S.D. TIWARI
- The darkness, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning