Our Dream Encounter
In endless dreams your near me,
Your there before my eyes,
I need this chance to see you,
To say our last goodbyes.
My chance to love and hold you,
To say how much I care,
I dread to wake, when morning comes,
Just knowing your not there.
And so I drift to sleep again,
To search for you once more,
And there you stand before me,
Your waiting at your door.
Your precious home that we once shared,
Is so alive once more,
For you are there beside me,
Just like you were before.
Wait for me in heaven,
Beside the crystal stream,
For till then, I'll hold you in my heart,
I'll see you in my dreams.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Dream Encounter by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy