The rainbows with the pot of gold
are not the rainbows made with multicolour
that follow the rain across the sky.
They are the rainbows within us,
the ones that cross our heart.
They are the ones that hold our dreams
and when we realise they are there
we will then find our pot of gold.
We must first believe in our dreams,
as they are our pot of gold.
Believe and work on them
making sure that each one comes true.
Then and only then will we find
our rainbow with its pot of gold.
14 January 2011
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Rainbow by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery
- ray of sunshine, ademola oluwabusayo
- what kills you; helps me live, Rodney R. Cooper
- Imagination, Jason J. Yu
- August, Paola Degli Esposti
- Her Beauty., Jason J. Yu
- Nights are cool, hasmukh amathalal
- Shallow Vs. Spiritual, Jason J. Yu