Out Into The Big Wide World
I look down below, at those big blue eyes,
With comforting words, as he sobbed and cried,
Your a big boy now, starting school today!
Together with friends, have fun and play.
My eyes filled up, tried to hide my emotion,
As the children arrived, what a commotion!
The teacher looks nice, I calmly said,
But all he could do, was shake his head.
I waved him goodbye, I felt so bad!
My poor little boy, looked so, so sad!
After months of tears, he was well settled in,
And his usual scowl, replaced with a grin!
With new friends made, he's as happy as Larry,
Schooldays now, no longer a worry,
No more long faces, or feeling glum,
The big wide world, can be so much fun!
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Out Into The Big Wide World by Jayne Davies )
Did you read them?
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- NEUROSCIENCE HIDDEN TREASURE, Dominic George
- THE LILIES MORE ADORNED, Dominic George
- BEYOND POSSIBLE COMPREHENSION, Dominic George
- ROUND AND ROLL WE GO, Dominic George
- MODERN CROOK: DARK SECRET SOCIETY, Dominic George
- THE UNSUNG SIDE OF MAGIC (Acrostic poem:.., Dominic George
- DEVASTATED MOTHER, Dominic George
- CLOWN'S SNEER, Dominic George
- THE IRK CRY OF A LONELY GHOUL, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)