Partner With My Soul
Servant of my destiny;
Watch my ways unfold
Like the curtains of royalty.
While we were together
In the presence of a greater;
Our ascent was same
In the newness we proclaim.
Lust besieged my world
And claimed my dream;
Silent when am called
But sharp like a sun beam.
Threaded the path of lies
Took the torture to my feet;
With burns and ties
Buffeting my face in the heat.
Though I was blind
Yet I sought home;
Salvation I shall find
Then shall I cease to roam.
It’s a mystery;
The future fairly divides itself-
It’s a reality;
How experience, out of its wealth
Has apportioned us all.
Yes everything is lost
But something is found.
JOSEPH ABUTU's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Partner With My Soul by JOSEPH ABUTU )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones