When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
You know that your name is safe in their mouth.
When you say my name I melt.
Passion; It lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting and it will stir open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us and guides us.
Passion rules us all and we obey.
What other choice do we have?
Passion is the source of our finest moments.
To live without passion would be hollow empty rooms, shuttered and dank.
Without passion, we would be truly dead.
You only need one man to love you.
And he to love you free as a wildfire, crazy like the moon,
Sudden like inhaling and overcoming like the tides
Only one man with a passion like no other man before him
It is said, a good love is one that sits you down,
gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head.
But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can't stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! I say that's a great love;
One that burns and loves you with so much passion.
Anyone who is observant, who discovers the person they have always dreamt of, knows that sexual energy comes into play before sex even takes place.
The greatest pleasure isn't sex, but the passion with which it is practiced.
When the passion is intense, then sex joins in to complete the dance,
but sex is never the principal aim.
One day, when tenderness has become the single rule of the morning, you will wake up in my arms and I will stroke your soft supple skin as the light shines through our window and glistens on your beautiful hair and I will kiss you tenderly and you will then understand my love and passion I have for you.
Evelyn; my aim is to show you the love and passion I have waiting for you.
I am so ready to be happy with a beautiful passionate woman.
I will always choose you every single lifetime,
I will choose you, just as you have chosen me to be with you forever.
Michael Vestal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Passion by Michael Vestal )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah