If dreams were given to a lonely man
and if a lonely man's dreams came true.
I'd force myself to sleep all the time
just so I could dream of being with you
If wishes were given to a lonely man
and I was given only two,
I'd wish for you to always love me
and the other I would give to you
If my tears could write a love song
I'd write a love song for you.
It would explain just how I feel inside
and how much I love you too
But, dreams are only dreams
and wishes seldom come true
My tears can't write a love song
but when they fall, they fall for you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Michael Vestal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai