Past, Present, Future
Life, lived; not by the, present, contained within the Now,
so thinking of a recollect - of what your mind will allow
means present becomes, neglect - and past, does future infect,
no change can be made- of what past has played,
to live in its control- decays the soul
for only in now, can a person be whole - only in now, can a body contain the soul.
thought of a future that has not yet played- a worry of a nothing, means, now, gets
no future is set - none should forget
if a present moment in now is given neglect-
a life will be stained with the inks of regret.
Edward Webb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Past, Present, Future by Edward Webb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass