Handprint of innerself was
writ large in your eyes.
I hear you in your becoming.
Are you me and me are you in sameness?
The words and silence?
I hope you are listening to the waves,
from inside, from outside.
Sometimes we were talking with our skin only.
The sea was roaring on the shores.
When fog retreats, we know each other
in abandonment as fish in water of life.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PATTERN by Satish Verma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Frederick William (FW) Harvey
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Don't Meet Upon The Morrow, Kute Makerz
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Life & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Angels, vanessa hughes
- Solicitation, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Redoubt, Noah Body
- For Madhavi, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- I Am She, Edward Kofi Louis
- On the Christmas Eve, nimal dunuhinga
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno