Handprint of innerself was
writ large in your eyes.
I hear you in your becoming.
Are you me and me are you in sameness?
The words and silence?
I hope you are listening to the waves,
from inside, from outside.
Sometimes we were talking with our skin only.
The sea was roaring on the shores.
When fog retreats, we know each other
in abandonment as fish in water of life.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PATTERN by Satish Verma )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
Poem of the Day
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi