PaVeD WiTh gOoD iNteNtiOnS..
Father told me to write for all it’s worth
so with these two hands I plant my seed in what I hope to be fertile soil..
that my labor produce fruitful Works.. AMEN!
my Ethnicity is Life
my skin is Purple.
Black and White spotted..
Native Red and Yellow stripes..
living in a land infested by an infection that keeps each of a single color divided
this illness has deep roots..
and is pumped into the mind of its victim… through their very own ears and eyes…
spoon fed untruths of a cure
as a kid is lured by candy. cake and pie
Lord their eyes cradle a crazed look..
…That of being HyPnoTiZed..
when they speak it sounds of the same vibe being televised..
similar to watching a blind man lead another who is blind..
such falsehoods are unable to coincide with what is real of life..
the infected preach of conviction and contention
ignorant in fact that..
… the road to Hell is paved with good intention..
Lord I pray these infected find the heartbeat of Your rhythm..
how You make each unique in more ways than can be mentioned..
You have made us creatures of Habit.
Smart and of Heart.
Light and of Dark..
in arrogance of such canny abilities
it almost comes natural to feel or think that You and we are a distance apart…
Lord I ask for Your help..
but want more to know how best to play my part..
R.H. Peppers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PaVeD WiTh gOoD iNteNtiOnS.. by R.H. Peppers )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Domestic Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Delicately, Michael P. McParland
- DANCING COLOURS OF POWER, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Till My End, Michael P. McParland
- A Frozen Soldier, Raymond A. Foss
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael P. McParland
- Civilian and Soldier, Wole Soyinka
- Name Change Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Thinking Of You, Michael P. McParland
- These Walls, Michael P. McParland