The smartest woman that I know
I do not actually know
'Cause she I have never met
Told to a daughter,
From the wisdom of her father
Handed from heredity,
Mother to child,
'STAY AWAY FROM LADS LIKE ME! '
I'll remain courteous, but skeptical
of what the stereotypical
Opinions tend to be.
Feelings and knowledge can only take her so far
Love will carry her the rest of the way.
Sir, Ma'am, respectfully speaking
Those perceptions are nothing like me!
Carl Leiland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perceptions by Carl Leiland )
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
- Paradise Rhyme, Eleonor Santiago
- To the Depths, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)