I took just a few steps
And the road ended
I took a stride
And the path finished
I measured the fields
And the land locked
The world is so small!
And then I began on the journey
The roads lasted without an end
I took strides
But the paths never crossed
I came across the fields
To touch the horizon
It seemed bowing at a distance
I tried and tried
It has no ending!
The world is so vast!
Published in ken* again Fall 2009 (Vol.10, No.3) (Oct-Dec)
Khurshid Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perspective by Khurshid Alam )
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon
- my thumbs were once pro twiddlers, Mandolyn ...
- Await for your return, Fluorescent Reality
- Serenade To Love, David Harris
- MONSTER FORCE WARS, shannon strauss
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- Light, Neela Nath
- Inbetweeness-painful midlife blues, Nalini Chaturvedi
- In that april shadow, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Remembering Love, Ron Baratono