Terence G. Craddock
Picture Images In The Mind
to get the picture
of him in her mind
without breath bones
but more sanitized
than work sweat
bad hair days
photos are needed images
file reference points
to attach character traits
to as we treasure store memories
experiences expectations gained
photos without expressions
visible soulful revealing eyes
do not show various things
we mind vision see or do
does not reflect thought life interests
never spoken never unveiled
photos are not always realistic
do you understand what I mean?
perhaps neither are yours?
photos 'just a superficial film
over the entire internal self'
perhaps poses for friends?
what is your agenda?
what is hidden?
what is revealed?
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence G. Craddock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Quoted line by Miroslava Odalovic.
Split image from the poem 'Photos Of You And Your Family' by Miroslava Odalovic and Terence George Craddock.
Topic: Mind Images
Comments about this poem (Picture Images In The Mind by Terence G. Craddock )
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)