I long for the power of speech
Through words which are names
Distinct for each thing and each
Act in our contrary games.
I long for the power to reach
Your mind with a clear-cut
Message with one meaning, which
Will register as such, but
Instead, I am forced to beseech
Many-powered words to lend
Two meanings to my speech
To pincer your multiple mind.
Ananta Madhavan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
both the pattern and the limitless scope of word-craft in expressing a feeling.
Comments about this poem (Pincer Movement by Ananta Madhavan )
Did you read them?
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi