I long for the power of speech
Through words which are names
Distinct for each thing and each
Act in our contrary games.
I long for the power to reach
Your mind with a clear-cut
Message with one meaning, which
Will register as such, but
Instead, I am forced to beseech
Many-powered words to lend
Two meanings to my speech
To pincer your multiple mind.
Ananta Madhavan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
both the pattern and the limitless scope of word-craft in expressing a feeling.
Comments about this poem (Pincer Movement by Ananta Madhavan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Intense Videos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cherishing Small Things, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- As I love you, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Lonley Nights, Michael McParland
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- LET MORE ROOM FOR LOVE, MOHAMMAD SKATI