Please Forgive Me O Mother
When I was a bitty creature,
who gave me a tender gesture?
When I can do nothing;
who gave me every thing?
There is no need to think further.
Its no one, but my beloved mother.
Whose place is just after the Almighty,
you are one who brought me up in society.
I always hurt you, but you always loved me.
Today I realised you are every thing for me,
I know no Heavens greater than you.
Please forgive me, please forgive me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please Forgive Me O Mother by Zeya Mallick )
- Bottled and Guarded the Overberg Story, Jenny Santiago
- हमारा घर हमारा भारत, MIRTUNJAY KUMAR
- Lampost, Naveed Khalid
- Tablet Of Simurgh, Naveed Khalid
- My Chamber of the Great Escape, Jenny Santiago
- To The Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Where I want to be, Jenny Santiago
- Beehive, Naveed Khalid
- Purgatory, Naveed Khalid
- I seek, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)