The padded words
perdured the fall of factuality
into the gaping maw of untruth.
The barriers start
crumbling for stilts
but the alley leads to a jungle of tales.
The manipulation walks
on the frozen lake of eyes.
Blue shadows move underneath to-
find the door. You spend
whole life to locate the dock.
The old sea and man drift in dark.
Only a seagull flies
in morning fog to trace
the sun, halted in clouds.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Plummeting by Satish Verma )
- BY kind heart, hasmukh amathalal
- Going Camping, Von Kimball Barney
- Word from stone, hasmukh amathalal
- Beauty incarnate, Erato
- Invent a new God, gajanan mishra
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 1), Erato
- Decision, Marc Prince
- Flowers come up, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart Beat., David Kiriga
- Rules, Marc Prince
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)