Poems and Religion
Poems are thoughtful Muslims
devoted to ‘differance'
Poems are peaceful Christians
crusading for calm.
Poems are penitent Catholics
insisting on a deathbed confession.
Poems are angry Buddhists
Poems are boisterous Hindus
fidgeting in meditation.
Poems are born again Hillsongsters
refusing to repeat the refrain
turning their back on hysteria
leaving the rally before the Jews get blamed.
M.L. Emmett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poems and Religion by M.L. Emmett )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Poem of the Day
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Croc a Smile, Ima Ryma
- Judgement Call, bryan wallace
- Uncle Styopa part 3 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Darkness, yvonne stine
- Knocking at your door, yvonne stine
- Noisy -Noisy Frog, Aftab Alam
- Prince and Saviour, yvonne stine
- يا قمرنا يا مليح, Abdullah alHemaidy
- God is faithful & True, yvonne stine