'Poetic Thoughts For Women'
Women of desire; your mind burning like fire, got that miss independent grown women shit style.
You walk past and men try to grasp that intellectual sexy style that you flash.
You speak with wisdom of all ages; like you wrote your own book and define yourself in all pages.
No one can ever say you don’t have your own; bills paid on time, never to be postponed.
You got the swagger of a young lady, but yet a mind of a woman.
Wants a man who can keep up with her and hold his own, ready to put his grown man shit on and take his place beside her on the throne.
Her skills events have shape her to be who she is…. as you see.
Never to let some want to be “player” or so called “real man” crush or shatter her dreams.
She shows that she can play with the big boys and not get burned.
She stays focus to the game and the task at hand, showing that she can survive without a man.
Her body view makes you think she’s an easy target at hand, but trust and believe a woman can hold herself down against any difficult or violent stand.
These words that I speak to you women are none but simply poetic strength.
To join together in numbers to bring out the courage in all; to trust and believe that there are other woman like yawl.
Women please speak out and stand tall, give that independent style a call….because united you are strong but divided you will fall.
Curtis Baskerville's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Poetic Thoughts For Women' by Curtis Baskerville )
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
- Sonnet: How Cancers Kill!, Dr John Celes
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Cutting Edge, Satish Verma
- Will never love nor marry unless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
- Countrification, bill costley
- Not Alone At All, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)