Point of No Return
Bullets shot from every direction,
can’t dropp guard for tiniest of fraction.
Fighter planes roar overhead,
rivers flow crimson red.
So many soldiers fell,
a picture of chaos and hell.
Life dances a ghastly jive,
in pool of death, men dive.
Laying down lives for nation’s pride,
a duty that is testing and bona-fide.
Makes for true calling of a hero,
fighting in perils and ground zero.
Adorning medals of honour on the chest,
bears scars and wounds with equal zest,
with their lives, nation’s debt they paid,
to comrades, tearful farewell they bade.
The trench becomes the grave,
no lasting memory to save,
holding fort till the last breath,
sinking into fatality’s depth.
War is fought for reasons right or wrong,
leaves behind lives that forever mourn.
In time, the warfare may get adjourned
but for the fallen, it is a point of no return.
Anupama Anpat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Point of No Return by Anupama Anpat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- Laid as wreath, hasmukh amathalal
- The Coconut, Meena Somasundaram
- O Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim