Standing on the platform,
Waiting for the train,
Our Saturday trip to Ponty,
Is finally here again.
Racing into Woolworths,
Money tight in hand,
To buy the latest record,
Sung by my favourite band.
Then, over to the Butchers stall,
As happy as can be!
Mam, has to buy a joint of beef,
And a piece of hock for tea.
Strolling through the market stalls,
Traders shouting loud!
Looking for something special,
Amongst the bustling crowd.
Back to catch the train now,
To the station cafe for tea,
Mam enjoys a natter,
It's pop and crisps for me.
Arriving at the platform,
The sound of the Merthyr train,
I can't wait for next week,
To do it all again!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Pontypridd by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- War on Gang Terror, Ima Ryma
- ENGROSSING DANCE*, C. P. Sharma
- woman, SALINI NAIR
- Everywhere but nowhere, SALINI NAIR
- Leopard, gajanan mishra
- Everybody will smile in peace! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Pursuit Of Wealth Riches Reaches Pinnacl.., Terence G. Craddock
- Flesh Corrupted Pharaoh Youth Dreams, Terence G. Craddock
- The Stench of War, Sunshine Rose
- I shudder, Aftab Alam