Tell me true, tell me why, did Mao have to die?
Is it for this that Jiang Ze Min lied?
Was it want? Was it need?
To see Tiananmen riots on TV?
Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?
If it wasn't for the tanks
Being so good at pulling ranks
Free reign would not be open on enterprise
And it is so much joy for them
Within great China's rise
With all their kids regurgitating lines
What have you done, Beijing what have you done?
What have you done for western powers?
Should we shout, should we scream?
What happened to the post-Mao dream?
Oh Beijing, Beijing, what have you done?
Mason Maestro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Post-Mao Rise by Mason Maestro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Turned by a wave, Mark Heathcote
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey