Postmodern Rabbits Foot Faith
The older I get the more I believe in the Bible as the absolute Word of God. To make Jesus into a existential subjective experience separate from Scripture and propositional truth is just plain heresy. Christ according to the Scripture allows experience to be grounded with proposition and doctrine; this balance is essential. So many who try to tamper with this end up with a ship wrecked faith.
Without the Bible Jesus becomes a postmodern rabbits foot made up of anthropology, philosophy, secular humanism, political science etc. Jesus Christ according to the scripture. We all know Jesus is the center and that's exactly what the Bible teaches us.
The Holy Spirit and gifts of the Spirit allow revelations to manifest that are personal and communal but they will never contradict Scripture. Postmodern Christianity is actually marrying same sex couples totally against Scripture. The Bible is an integral part of Gods plan and the Living Christ will never go against it. These phony churches do!
Don't make Jesus into a personal liberation theology or a Marxist placard or a poster for social justice while denying the Holy Bible by subtle theologies that undermine Christ according to the Scriptures. The Bible has more than enough teachings and truths to stand upon for loving people.
Joseph Narusiewicz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Postmodern Rabbits Foot Faith by Joseph Narusiewicz )
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)