I had not realised
the pain and famine
sweeping the wind barren ground
just beneath those cracked heels.
allegorical to powder dry
in the corner of stolen windows,
zones into dusk.
above knees and elbows
supporting the jut jaw
which will not come to know
a morsel for the night.
I looked at the scene as I composed my snap of art, and
decomposed human dignity.
I had not known poverty,
until I saw the DSTV dish on her shack.
Chad Brevis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poverty by Chad Brevis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Partridge, Nassy Fesharaki
- The problem, hasmukh amathalal
- Oneiron, Xianah Park
- Vox Pop of the triumphalist Nigger Slayer, Stanley Collymore
- No Love, Bill Cantrell
- A Map of The World, B.. Alexander
- A Streetcar named De$ire, John F. McCullagh
- Here, in India, you are, see., gajanan mishra
- underneath.., Violet Darling
- Never mind, hasmukh amathalal