Prayer For The Unbelievers
Father, you see it all before you,
The sadness and the strife;
You watch from heaven's portals,
As we go about our life.
Some deny you Father,
and claim you are not there;
but they are not your sons,
or daughters -
They know not the meaning of prayer.
They think that life's a crapshoot,
Some win, some falter, some lose;
Father, they do not know you gave us,
The will and the wisdom to choose.
We can choose to follow the self,
and contend to be number one;
Or we can give all to you, Father,
It's yours when the final day is done.
There are some so blind,
they cannot see,
some so deaf, they cannot hear -
They stumble from day to day,
They live for themselves
and have no fear.
Father, I know that you forgive them,
For they know not what they do -
The prayers of us all, go out to them,
That they come to know but you.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer For The Unbelievers by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya
- Two Debates, Naveed Akram
- For Aaron Sheon, Judith Vollmer
- The Stepford Family, Ima Ryma
- Winter Sun..., Craig Matthew Hannan
- August آب - اغسطس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Being, Craig Matthew Hannan