A Prayer For God's Love...
Shelter me, from life's dark sorrows,
Take me 'neath your wings of love;
Give me to me the secrets of the 'morrow,
As I search the heavens up above.
Give me strength to face the day,
Let me go and keep me strong;
Put me on the right and proper way,
Help me discern the right from wrong.
Help me Lord, to send out peace,
To comfort those who are in need;
Give to me the joy that does not cease,
Help me bind the wounds of those who bleed.
Keep me Lord, on that narrow path,
Lock from me that sinner's door;
I fear God and his great wrath,
Keep me safe on His sweet shore.
Shelter me from fools that wonder,
Who laugh and say, there is no God;
Let them hear the Lord's great thunder,
Startle then with His great lightning rods.
Place with me the people that you cherish,
Let me sing with them, Praises to your Name,
Give me the fear of God, lest I ignorantly perish,
and I've no one, but myself to blame.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer For God's Love... by david lessard )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Scream, Michael P. McParland
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses