Dr John Celes
Prayer-Song to the Holy Spirit
O Dove of peace, wisdom and love!
Holy Trinity’s Third person, I bow;
Come dwell within my soul for long,
And help me sing a divine song!
Grant me the seven gifts of Yours’;
Grant me your will, your divine voice;
Make my body, your temple, God;
My only savior Christ as Lord!
Restore my weak spirit of mine;
Renew my ties with heav’n divine;
Remake my soul with newer grace;
Remind my heart to God embrace!
Invigorate my hopeless frame;
Deliver me from sinful shame;
Show me the road and narrow gate
To God’s abode, for which I wait!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 15-07-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer-Song to the Holy Spirit by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes