Dr John Celes
Prayer-Song to the Holy Spirit
O Dove of peace, wisdom and love!
Holy Trinity’s Third person, I bow;
Come dwell within my soul for long,
And help me sing a divine song!
Grant me the seven gifts of Yours’;
Grant me your will, your divine voice;
Make my body, your temple, God;
My only savior Christ as Lord!
Restore my weak spirit of mine;
Renew my ties with heav’n divine;
Remake my soul with newer grace;
Remind my heart to God embrace!
Invigorate my hopeless frame;
Deliver me from sinful shame;
Show me the road and narrow gate
To God’s abode, for which I wait!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 15-07-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer-Song to the Holy Spirit by Dr John Celes )
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf