PRAYERS OF A DANCER
your beauty is infinite
cast upon ever moving blankets,
grains of life
molded by the hands of time.
In your embrace does wind dance
as a Goddess
laden with stars.
Moonbeams cast their reflection
upon swirling, flowing skirt.
Your songs of lifetimes
a precious water
emerging from hidden wells.
May I drink of your necter.
hide not your mystery
under veils transparancy.
Reveal the beauty, I pray.
Let me emerge from the blindness
cast upon visions.
May my seeking eyes
be not devoid of dreams.
in the breath of memory's whisper
does my heart awaken
to the dance.
Rising with the music I sway.
It's allure fills me.
Strings of ages
reveal your gentle voice.
Mezmerize my heart.
Fingers of time move me
with the drums of rememberance.
Shaded are my eyes
painted with your color, Oh night.
Honey flows upon my lips.
I will sing your songs of enchantment,
a sweetness long forgotten
in a world of glass.
Oh, beautiful night
bequeath your secrets to me
that I may dance with wind
upon the shifting sands.
Let my hands speak the stories of lifetimes
held in waiting.
Oh, endless night,
keeper of dreams,
may I honor you with my dance.
Graced by your vastness,
filled with your mysteries,
will my body express my prayers
offering them to you
with an open, happy heart.
Mari Martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PRAYERS OF A DANCER by Mari Martin )
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Save The Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- women,, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- GREATNESS OF MOTHER, P.YASWANTH REDDY
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)