Present At The Creation
What was it
Said, at the beginning,
'Let there be! '
And there was?
I doubt a hairy geriatric
With a forefinger poking
But I get no satisfaction
Out of Science
Cataloging energies and particles
So that the universe,
From prime power,
Opened like a flower.
It is, of course, nice to be aware
Of forms succeeding forms
So that the progress into currency
Clicks into sense.
But all that's offered
When I press for motivation
Is a shrug.
Nothing in the sky
Jan Sand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Present At The Creation by Jan Sand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey