Preserved or Lost
Real life scenes can make the artist's day.
Norman Rockwell left many on display.
The rest of the story revealed a stay.
Hang them on the wall to be viewed by all.
The boy was digging worms for a fishing day.
Behind him, his pet geese were eating away.
In patient calm, a wise canine
Was watching the striped cat eating his food.
He shared and forgot and the day went fine.
What view may this reveal?
Will memory give it a grand appeal?
Is it left untold for time to steal?
Will the lesson, the view relays
Be with us to stay always?
Will it be lost and gone with yesterday?
Esther Thornburg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Preserved or Lost by Esther Thornburg )
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez