Pride - the master of disguise
Depression is pride
Why aren't I perfect?
I am better than this,
Self hatred is pride
I have fallen short
My standards are higher than this! .
Self depreciation is pride
I'm too stupid
How did I ever do that! ,
Victimization is pride
In trying to find good
I have just found the bad.
Being offended is pride
How dare they say that
Don't they know who I am? ,
Self defence is pride
I'm better than you
You owe me another chance.
Being negative is pride
Obsessed by my failures
Doesn't make me so wise,
Selfishness is pride
And all these things
Have proven a master of disguise.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pride - the master of disguise by Peter Hall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI