Queen Of His Days
'He to She Style'
Oh I wish we were in a quiet valley
Where no-one else could ever be.
Then you and I might roam together
Down that long road to the sea.
You are my darling, my sweet love,
My beautiful summer rose.
Walk with me where the air is sweet
And the wild shamrock grows.
To see your hair blow wild and free
And your happy youthful ways
Always fills my heart with ecstacy
For you are the queen of my days.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Queen Of His Days by Joyce Hemsley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave