I am a Quester: one who quests. I travel through time and space, by way of senses and imaginings, thoughts and emotions, needing constantly to distinguish between the true and the false.
I am a Quester: my life is my quest. I put everything into my quest, every moment, every thought, every ounce of power, and every resource at my command: required constantly to make the most of every situation.
I am a Quester: I quest towards a goal. Between me and my goal lie many paths, each with its own obstacles to bar my way, even still I will let nothing keep me from my goal, or from questing my quest. I will never yield, nor make any compromise: I will face death before surrender: suffer annihilation before submission, but always I seek to venture the path on which I will encounter the least disturbance.
I am a Quester: the ultimate judge of my quest. I quest only for myself: so that I might find satisfaction, peace, and happiness. I answer to, or change for no other power than myself. As time goes on, I may certainly change my quest, but only so that I may continue to move closer to my own and separate peace.
I am a Quester: I am me: inseparable for all eternity and infinity – time and space. I am bound to my quest forever, it is I, and I am it. As I live, I must quest. Onward I go, closer to my goal, nearer to my peace.
Forever questing as I must quest. I am a Quester.
So Be It
Steven SRS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (QUESTER’S CREED by Steven SRS )
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)