I gaze over to you, in your direction-
see your face shining in the sunlight
like an angel, sparkling eyes with flowing hair.
Drawn to your beauty-full mind
i can’t help but be infatuated.
You’re not like other girls no, just quirky,
and kind- special, in body and soul.
I dream of seeing you, everyday- touching,
holding your hand and attention.
To hear you compliment me
would make my life- bring my soul from
this otherwise empty abyss.
From black-and-white to vivid colour…
J’adore, my darling.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rêverie~ by Matthew English )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher