I woke up a blue neon light, outside my hotel room,
kept lightning up my space, I looked out and saw
a man in a cafe sitting by the counter eating a burger,
he had hat on and looked ca 1948.
Knew I was in an Edward Hopper painting but didn’t
want to be a part of his bleak cityscape of lone men
who live in cheap hotels and drink coffee in a cafe,
which clientele are lost souls like me.
I splashed water in my face adjusted my tie put my
hat on and walked out, a cab drove by looking for
a fare, I opened the cafe’s door, the man with hat had
gone, drank coffee and ate a doughnut.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (real art by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 24, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dutch Trowel, Richard Thripp
- Mind..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL